Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

**Gluten Free Harvest Hash**

                                                             Gluten Free Harvest Hash
 




Today's lunch was a yummy hash I made with delectable local produce. In a little bit of sunflower oil with a hot skillet I browned up some halved brussel sprouts and onions. I threw in some cubed butternut squash that I had roasted whole the day before. I added some sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, pressed garlic, and caraway seeds. I let the browning continue on medium heat for about 10 minutes. I then added some  tomato cut into large chunks and some fresh minced rosemary.  (about 2 small sprigs, stems removed). When everything was all caramelized and my mouth was watering at the smell, I deglazed the hash with a couple good shakes of balsamic vinegar.  


While all that goodness was happening over on one side of the stovetop. In another pan I was simmering the remaining butternut squash in some veggie stock with some paprika, sea salt, and pepper. When it was fork tender I used my immersion blender until it was smooth, thick, and creamy. I then grated some fresh parmigiano reggiano into the squash for a rich and creamy sauce.


It was pretty awesome. It didn't take more than 30 minutes to cook and was a great way to use up the surplus of veggies I still had hanging out from last weeks farmer's market.






Good stuff!


Peace,
Angee

No comments:

Post a Comment