Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Balsamic Apple Sauce *Quick and Easy*

                                     


                                                  Balsamic Apple Sauce *Quick and Easy*






Hey there!

I got a bunch of beautiful apples from Freecycle the other day. I requested surplus fruits, veggies, or nuts from gardens and got a response right away. I came home with 3 bags full of fresh, pesticide free, homegrown goodness. I have been making many apple delights and wanted to share this quick and easy dish with you.


First I peeled, cored, and sliced 12 small apples (or 6 large).  I threw them into a pot with 1/2 a cup  of water.  Then I added the following: 2 TBSP of  cane sugar, a pinch of sea salt,  2 TBSP of cinnamon , some fresh grated nutmeg (Just a few swipes of the nut. A little goes a long way!), 1 TBSP of Balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp of lemon juice. I boiled these covered on medium heat for 30 minutes. Blended with an immersion blender. Presto! Tangy apple goodness for your rumbly tumbly!


100% gluten free




Peace,
Angee

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful and sounds wonderfully delicious! I'll have to try it with coconut sugar and let you know how that turns out. (can't eat cane)

    ReplyDelete